Monday, February 16, 2009

Weeds

Hey guys,
I was asked to preach a message for this past Sunday morning's service and the area was dealing with the message of evangelism.  Well, the main point that I felt needed driven home was that the Message of Jesus matters.  I was praying about what God would give me to show an illustration to this.  He did...

Over the past few weeks, i have noticed that my lawn was in severe need of attention.  Yes, people have lawns in Arizona.  Mine is not tall with grass but weeds have begun spreading all over my yard.  Over and over again i have said i needed to take care of those, but i've been pretty content to jst go in my comfortable house and procrastinate.  Well, Saturday i began working and was not able to get done with it.  It was dirty, back aching hard labor, but it made an impact.  

God spoke telling me this, if i stay in the house, i am saying the yard matters more to the weeds than it does to us.  The same goes for the message of Christ and the cross.  If we don't move beyond the walls of our church home, we are saying deep down, the world matters more to the weeds than it does to us.  If we really love Jesus Christ, we'll love what He loved.  People matter to Him, so people matter.

1 comment:

  1. so true, one famous atheist said that "You would have to really HATE someone If you really believed in an eternal Hell and you didn't try to evangelize(proselite) them! It would be like standing idly by while knowingly watching others walk in front of a bus and be killed! A loving person would try to stop them.."
    Check it out and let me know what you think @
    http://redeemed4life.blogspot.com/2009/01/jesus-himself-gave-us-great-commission.html

    ReplyDelete