Friday, February 6, 2009

Truth & Trust

It amazes me to watch my children on my days off.  They follow me around wherever i go in the house, (even when you want just a little privacy).  They bring me gifts (toys or other objects that interest them) as if to say "look what i have discovered,"  "or aren't you happy with what I'm doing."  They also go directly to you when they are desiring to have a need met.. "Daddy, I'm thirsty;  Daddy, I'm hungry; Daddy, I need to go potty; well you get it.  And they are so honest (usually) about what they have done or what they need.  I blows my mind their faith in me.  Then my little girl has just started learning to pray all on her own.  She is so simple and beautiful when she begins talking to this person she knows as Jesus.  And i stop and think, she doesn't know all the ends and outs, she simply trusts...much like she trusts her parents.  I wish my faith, trust, and honesty was like that when it comes to my Father, God.  "Jesus, help me believe and live in faith and integrity.  I hope to trust you, simply with a yes."

No comments:

Post a Comment