Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Woke Up By God?

Hey guys,
I was just wondering if you have ever been woke up by God?  Last night, I had to deal with th usual ups and downs of sleep and semi-awakeness because I have two kids, one of which is 1-year old.  In between my boughts of making milk bottles and changing diapers, i got this surge of restlessness, that didn't give me that (you're still sleepy) feeling.  And I felt like God was talking to me.  It seemed to be an intimate conversation that dealt with how I am to lead in my family and in my church with strength, wisdom, and integrity.  Now believe me, I'm no saint, but I wish I were.  There have been times when my integrity was not something I could say I was proud of.  But there in the dark, God reminded me of light and grace.  There, he reminded me, that "what he whispers... I'm to declare from rooftops."  There he reminded me that as I sleep, He is still awake and watching over the heavens and the earth, yet He concerns Himself with a person such as me.  I am reminded of the story of Samuel, from Scriptures.  As still a boy, God spoke to Him truth and wisdom.  The only thing was for Samuel to be open to listening.  "He spoke, 'speak for Your servant is listening." I tried to fight this restless whisper for a moment, thinking, maybe just my head is busy and swarming with things on my mind.  But after taking a moment of prayer, just to say "I am willing to listen to You God." He let me know, that He is the one that still wants to do great things in the lives of us who are willing to yeild to His teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment